Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GITM Direct




Myself starting the first stellar pitch of GITM Direct (5.11a)


Mark Westman, Sol Wertkin, and I just finished up a direct finish to an already incredibly classic route I established a few years ago with Sol and Blake Herrington. Our finish added 4.5 classic pitches that strike right through the heart of Mt. Stuart's West Face Wall. I plan on getting a topo up on the blog and a good story about the ascent in the next few days, but for now I thought I would post a few pics for psyche. GITM Direct is one of the best routes I've ever had the pleasure of climbing. Go get it!!!



Sol stemming bottomless corners on pitch two (5.9)


Myself on pitch 3, "The Monkey Traverse", wild 5.10

Sol, beginning the direct finish with incredible 5.10 climbing

No comments: